"On Your Block," Episode #2

"Holiday Wish List"
by Eric Crow


Cold and frosty



For this week's installment of "On Your Block," I went on the 
"cyber-block" and asked people a three-part question:

What's at the top of your holiday wish list: a) for yourself? b) for your loved ones? 
For the country/world? (I included myself in this list, because why not?)


Here's what they had to say:










Gwen Kenny (white sweater) 3rd left, 
(Bay Area):

For myself: Continued peace and serenity, and a "Bring Your Dog To Work" day in 2019; 

For my loved ones: joy and happiness;

For the world: A happy and safe home for every shelter pet and “sold out” pet shelters.













AJ Chase--Sacramento:

For myself: "We Are Our Deeds" by Eric Wodening for a book study coming up in January;

For my loved ones: That Korey wins a ribbon on the handmade quilt he worked hard on;

For the country: That we (U.S. voters) wise up and vote for what's best for the entire country, not just our own groups, religion, or party.















Becky Blessing (right)--San Diego:

For myself: To get the chance to do 
some cross country traveling;

For my loved ones: Health and happiness;

For the country: That we stop separating immigrant children from their families, 
as well as to end racism;










Warm and yummy





Dave Russo (Long Beach):

For myself: I hope that I can stay energetic and maintain the stamina I need to guide OUT LOUD from its infancy to an annual festival. Shining a spotlight on our community's cultural contributions is what I want for a legacy;

For my loved ones: That they have lives worth living; a dedication to their own health, happiness; and an understanding that we are here to use our talents to leave a positive mark on our world;

For the Country/World: The realization that we are truly one people, one planet and that we are sacred keepers of everything around us, and that we will fail if we care only about ourselves and our fortunes.





Christine Marie Bryant (somewhere in the Southland):

For myself: More self-discipline and order. I have so much I still want to do in my lifetime and I'm closing in on fifty years old. Also, to be more scheduled with my intentions. I know I could so pretty amazing things with my time and energy if I had an agenda motivated by purpose;

For your loved ones: For my daughter and grandkids... a perfect combination of striving for potential and self forgiveness in days when they are overwhelmed. Also, the knowledge that both of these gifts are the most powerful when they come from within;

For the country/world:  For the human race, the knowledge that we are all one, that we are all the same. We are all brothers and sisters. And that love is really the answer to everything.








Tim Alexander (San Diego):

For myself: A boy, pup or a sub; 

For my loved ones: Health and happiness;

For the country/world: Unity (not the same as agreeing on everything, but respecting everyone and celebrating each other).







Eric Crow (Long Beach):

For myself: To find fulfilling, rewarding, good-paying, long-term employment. Also, next year is my 25th year as a writer and artist and I want the book and creative projects I have in mind to all come to fruition and make money. Finally, to see New Horizons For Fifty stay on track and continue on the beautiful course it's on. 

For my loved ones: I want my loved ones to take care of themselves, remember serenity when they need to, and to remember to breathe once in a while, step back and take stock in who they are and what they mean to their loved ones.


For the country: Our country is being tested like I've never seen before, but the people are rising up and responding like I've never seen before, and I want us to remember that "this too shall pass." I am so proud of what I see happening in terms of women and minorities and LGBTQ getting elected to office, and that is truly how we will turn things around and steer our country back on course.

No matter how you celebrate the holidays, New Horizons For Fifty wishes you a happy and safe Holiday season! 




Inviting and intimate


Find New Horizons here (more to come soon):

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/NewHorizonsForFifty/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfncn2r0OPUtdW8I3SikcpA


New Horizons For Fifty--A Different View of Things 
is ©2018 Eric Franklin Crow. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innerview With A Bear - by Eric F. Crow

Inner View of a Pet - by Eric Crow and Jonathan Daniels

Twelve Favorite Moments from San Diego Pride 2019