On the Street #2 - 15 Association, Anniversary Weekend

by Eric Crow

I am a member of the 15 Association, a men's Leather fraternity founded in 1980; the oldest on the West Coast. Founded in San Francisco, “The 15” gets its name because of how many men may be on the Fraternal Committee at one time and vote. The 15 currently has 140 members in 19 states and 3 countries, and they hold monthly men’s play parties in San Francisco. The two signature events for the 15 are Bootcamp, an extended play party each June, and the (39th) Anniversary Weekend in February. This weekend event consists of a formal Leather banquet and silent auction on Friday, which also functions as the club’s annual meeting, as well as play parties on Saturday and Sunday. My question for them, once it was over, was simple: name your favorite part of the weekend. Here’s what some of them said:



Brian Ballone (Mr. GNI Leather 2018, on the left)


Merely being there. I truly feel accepted around 99% of the guys. They are the family I chose and wasn’t born into expecting to love to be loved. I fly back and forth across the country to be with them with zero expectations. 











Geoff Millard 
(California Bootblack 2018)

Either when I got to some quick restoration work on the club colors or the scene where I got to beat a boy as I humiliated him for having shabby boots, all the while I’m actually bootblacking his boots and making them look great.








Eric See (Chairman): 


First thing that pops into my head is seeing Geoff Millard spending his time cleaning and shining our colors before the dinner. It just felt like a reverent act of respect for the club from someone who isn’t even a member yet.













Arturo Salazar 
(Fraternal Emeritus):


Arriving at the banquet and saying hello to all my friends. You guys are my Leather family and Anniversary is one of the two annual events when I re-connect with you.











Tyler Fong (Fraternal, American Leatherboy 2011)

The play party, even though I didn’t actually play. I got to hug guys who live outside the SF area and had conversations with one guy who wants to be a member and another who was new to the weekend.

















Jorge Vieto (with Master Kevin): 
Getting a gold lame flogger from our Chairman. 





















Kevin Harding Toy (Fraternal): Being with our brothers, celebrating the rich history of our club and community. All the hot men in Leather wasn’t bad, either.












Eric (me): Two things. I didn’t get much chance to connect with my 15 brothers last year, mainly because of school and job search, so when the chance to come up for Anniversary weekend became possible, I jumped at the chance. I needed this weekend to re-connect with my club brothers and play hard with them again. That said, I had two favorite moments. One was taking pics with all my brothers at the Dinner (as you have seen above). The second was getting to take someone’s 15 play party cherry! 


(Sitting with Sadis Payne after her hosting gig at Hamburger Mary's.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innerview With A Bear - by Eric F. Crow

Inner View of a Pet - by Eric Crow and Jonathan Daniels

Twelve Favorite Moments from San Diego Pride 2019